- Goat species should be chosen by keeping the climatic conditions in mind.
2. For goat farming venture, male progenitor goats of improved breeds should be brought from other place to breed them with the local goats. The goat who gives birth to more children, their children are less weighted, and if the goat gives birth to less children then the children are of healthy weight, In this way, all species give almost the same benefit.
3. Should take care of things when buying male breeder goat that the goat’s mother gave birth to more babies and produces more milk, and the male breeder goat is physically fit and is of improved breed.
4. Goat should undergo mating process after 12 hours of its heat period. Mating the goats in April, May, October, and November, results the babies delivery after pregnancy in favourable climatic conditions.
5. The goat should be prevented from inbreeding ie. the male goat which impregnated the female goat should not be used for breeding its own babies.
6. The length of the goat’s barn should be in the east-west direction and the height of the wall should be made up to one meter high and net should be fixed on both the sides. The flooring of the barn should be raw, sandy and calcium hydroxide powder should be sprayed from time to time.
7. For 80 to 100 goats the fencing should be 20 x 60 covered and 40 x 60 open mesh fencing. Male goats, female goats and children (after a week of delivery) should be kept in separate barns. Human children should not be allowed to go close to the female goat while she is feeding her babies.
8. Goat should feed 3-5 % dry matter of its weight every day. An adult goat should be fed 1-3 kg green fodder, 500 gm to 1 kg of hay (prefer pulse crops), and 150 g to 400 g feed should be fed every day. Feed should always be given polish and dry form, water should not be added in it. Whole grains should not be fed.
9. Feed should contain mixture of 60-65% grains without peel, 10-15% Oil cake (except mustard), 2% mineral mixture, 1% salt.
10. The goat should be given clean water only, avoid giving standing water of river, pond and pits.
11. Changes should be made in the grazing place of goats, goats should left for grazing at the same place again and again..
12. Goats must be vaccinated for P.P.R.E.T, Mouth and foot rot, Diphtheria Goat pox, these five diseases. Any vaccination is done after the age of 2-3 years of age.
13. Sick goat should be immediately treated separately by taking out of the barn and should be send in again once she is properly cured.
14. At the end, parasite killer should be given two times in a year (Once before the rain and then after the rain)
15. Airy parasites die by carefully bathing the goats in airy parasites medicine (Use only the prescribed amount of medicine)
16. There should be proper shelter to protect the goats from extreme cold, hot and rains seasons.
17. After the goat’s delivery, cut the placenta cord after leaving 2 inch space, use a new blade to cut the cord, apply tincture iodine after the cord is removed.
18. Newborn should be given goat’s first milk yellow within thirty minutes of its birth.
19. Selling cheese made from goat’s milk can give you more profit.
20. Goat’s children can be sold on the occasion of Eid, Diwali and other festivals at the age of 9-12 months to earn good profit.
21. Keep special care for the cleanliness of the goats and the barn also.