Adaptogenic mushrooms are mushrooms that aid in the body’s natural defence against stress. They are a form of functional mushroom that is classified as an adaptogen, which are strong mushrooms or herbs that may aid in the stabilisation of biological functioning and the maintenance of homeostasis. These mushrooms may be found all over the world in a variety of forms. Mushrooms have been used for a long time in traditional Chinese medicinal methods, and the western world is just now becoming aware of their exceptional adaptogenic properties. Many herbalists are effectively employing adaptogenic mushroom supplements to help individuals feel healthier and more balanced.
Adaptogenic mushrooms are different from psychoactive mushrooms. Adaptogenic mushrooms help to minimise the effects of stress on the body. On the other hand, psychoactive or magic mushrooms are hallucinogenic fungi containing psilocybin, which degrades in the body to produce psilocin, leading to psychedelic effects and an altered state of consciousness.
Different types of adaptogenic mushrooms and their benefits
Let’s look at some of the most common varieties of adaptogenic mushrooms and the benefits they bring to the body via adaptogens. There are many mushroom products available on the market to get a daily dose of each mushroom. which can help bring balance to our daily lives.
- CHAGA: Chaga is generally described as “the king of beneficial mushrooms.” It is also widely known for its antioxidant capabilities, which promote the body’s natural capacity to control typical post-workout inflammation. Many disorders and chronic diseases, such as arthritis and high blood pressure, are caused by inflammation. Antioxidants may also assist the body in managing and reducing oxidation, which can lead to other serious health problems.
It also includes polysaccharides, which may aid in the body’s control of regular blood sugar levels as well as the immunological system. Consuming a Chaga mushroom supplement on a daily basis may help to strengthen the immune system and the body’s natural capacity to maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
- CORDYCEPS: Cordyceps is well-known for its ability to help the body produce the chemical ATP, or adenosine triphosphate. ATP is thought to improve athletic performance by providing renewed energy, enthusiasm, and excitement to the muscles while also assisting the body’s usage of oxygen.
- REISHI: The reishi mushroom has been referred to as the “mushroom of immortality” for ages. It is an immune system booster that helps the body’s natural ability to stay healthy. Reishi mushrooms may also benefit people who have periodic restlessness and depression. The mushroom may support the body’s natural response to mood swings, promoting general mental stability and wellness. These types of mushrooms also provide antioxidants to the body, which further provide support to respond to ups and downs in life.
- TURKEY TAIL: Turkey tail is well known for its immune-boosting properties, making it an especially valuable supplement during the winter months when the body is more vulnerable. The vitamins may help you get through the cold weather and improve your immune system. It may also help maintain a healthy gut microbiota. These mushrooms contain chemicals that may help in the formation of beneficial bacteria in the gut. The gut is the largest immune system organ, and keeping it healthy is vital for a variety of reasons, including mood, immunological function, and digestion.
- LION’S MANE: This mushroom is known as “lion’s mane” because the tendrils cascading from the mushroom cap create a beautiful lion’s mane. This mushroom gives our bodies the most energy.
For many of us, brain fog can be a major issue. Do you ever feel like a robot, unable to concentrate? A lion’s mane could be the answer to your fogginess. The mushrooms promote mental clarity, attention, and concentration, keeping your mind sharp throughout the day. It’s no surprise that ancient Buddhist monks utilised lions’ manes to help them focus and clear their minds during prayer and meditation.
- SHIITAKE: The shiitake mushroom, like certain other functional mushrooms, has a high concentration of 1,3,1,6 beta-glucans, which are chemicals that are extremely beneficial to overall health. 1,3 and 1,6 beta-glucans may promote immune function and help in the body’s natural ability to create white blood cells. Because they contain polysaccharides, which play an important role in cholesterol regulation in the body, they may also help your body maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
HOW TO GET THESE ADAPTOGENIC MUSHROOM BENEFITS
We’ll go through some of the ideal methods to take adaptogenic mushroom supplements so you can figure out which type of supplement is appropriate for your daily routines and rituals.
If you want the fastest-acting mushroom supplement, tincture drops applied under the tongue may be the best alternative. Because of the large number of blood vessels behind your tongue, the tincture will be absorbed quickly.
You may also try a few droppers in your morning coffee or a few droppers in your favourite dish. This is a simple and adaptable way to consume mushroom supplements. Because tinctures are easy to incorporate into any drink, snack, or meal, including them in your diet can be a fantastic way to remember to take your supplement on a regular basis.
- CAPSULES: The adaptogenic mushroom capsule is great for individuals who have a hectic schedule and have to rush out the door in the morning. You may even keep your mushroom capsules in your car and carry them with you on the road; however, extreme temperatures may cause the capsule to dissolve. This is the most basic mushroom supplement.
- GUMMIES: Gummies are an excellent way to obtain your regular intake of reishi, lion’s mane, or turkey tail while also enjoying a tasty treat. There are several mushroom gummy combinations available, each intended to provide your body with the exact assistance it requires. Among the greatest adaptogenic mushroom gummy combinations are:
- POWDER: Mushroom supplement powders are ideal for folks who enjoy experimenting in the kitchen. And you won’t have to worry about these powders affecting the flavour of your protein shakes, smoothies, etc.
Conclusion: Adaptogenic mushrooms are a naturally beautiful gift that may help you reinforce your body and feel better overall. And you may simply obtain supplements that make incorporating adaptogenic mushrooms into your daily routine and habits simple.