Shade net house:
• It is a structure enclosed by agro nets or any other woven fabric to permit required sunlight, moisture and air to come through the gaps. It creates the best micro weather conducive to the plant boom. It is also referred as shade net house or net house.
• It is used for cultivation of flowering plants, medicinal, foliage plants, vegetables and spices. It is also used to defend against pest attack.
• It protects from climatic disturbances which include rain, hail, wind and frost.
• Depending upon climatic disturbance shade net house has 3-5 years shell-life whereas bamboo structure net house has 3 years shelf-life.
• The unit cost of this shade house structure is about Rs 225 per meter square.