Nowadays anaemia is a very common disease which is mostly found in young girls, young children, pregnant women and people with chronic disease. Our body contains 3 types of particles i.e. red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets. In red blood cells haemoglobin elements are found which makes the color of blood red and it takes oxygen from the lungs and sends it to every cell of the body. If our body doesn’t get enough iron or protein then there will be the deficiency of haemoglobin in the body and for this reason blood turns pale in color. When blood gives small quantity of oxygen to all organs then body feels tired. This stage is known as anaemia.
• Fast or abnormal heart beat
• Low menstrual cycle or high bleeding during menses
• Cooling of hands or feet
• Breathlessness or chest pain
• Less appetite
• Difficulty in concentration
• Paleness in skin, eyes, nails and tongue
• Frequent fall sick
• Body is incapable in using iron element properly
• Deficiency in eating iron rich food
• Excessive blood loss, for e.g. during menses
• Early or continuous pregnancy
• Deficiency of fol-ate or B-12 in body
• Treatment of certain diseases like cancer that make the production of new red blood cells more difficult
• Sickle cell anaemia is a disease which destroys much red blood cells
• The babies having an age 1 year or less than 1 years drinks cow or goats milk.
Prevention and treatment:
• If you find any symptoms given above then consult your doctor or visit dispensary.
• Do improvement in food and follow the given points:
• Iron rich food should be eaten such as green vegetables like spinach, chenopodium Alba (bathua), mustard, fenugreek, amaranthus, cabbage and radish leaves, roasted gram, groundnut, poha, jaggery and sesame etc.
• Eat grains and sprouted pulses. It will help to increase Vitamin-C along with nutrients.
• Eat food items made from sesame, sprouted grains and pulses.
• Iron supplements should be taken by doctor’s advice.
• Along with iron elements another nutritive elements should be taken such as folic acid, Vitamin B-12, Vitamin A, Zinc etc.