Rivers carry water and nutrients to areas all around the earth. They play a very important part in the water cycle, acting as drainage channels for surface water. Rivers drain nearly 75% of the earth’s land surface. Rivers provide excellent habitat and food for many of the earth’s organisms.
All rivers in India are at the dangerous level of depletion, that means in another 15 to 20 years’ time most of the rivers will be seasonal they will not be perennial.
• We will see entire India looks like a brown desert because all rivers are drying up.
• There are many areas in India where people are forced to dig out rivers in search of water.
• The time has come where we need to see how to regenerate the rivers.
How can we contribute to prevent our rivers:
• All rivers in India are essentially forest fed.
• Forest fed rivers means precipitation happens because of vegetation and drop by drop that water forms rivulets and rivulets become streams and streams become rivers.
If we want to save the rivers for our future generations and we should plant more and more trees because we cannot produce anything without water. It is the base of every agricultural activity.
So, we should take a pledge to plant at least 10 trees a year.
For more information about Agriculture and Livestock, download Apni Kheti app –