Milk, whether it is of buffalo or cow has long been associated with good health. It is one of the nature’s sport beverage which is made up from 85% water, carbohydrate, protein, and nutrients. From hundreds of years milk is used to infuse the skin and hair with protein and vitamins. The elements present in the milk are very beneficial and it can offer a range of health benefits.
So, today we are going to share some of the milk secrets about which you may be are not aware of:
• Milk is complete food that contains more of the known essential nutrients for health than any other single food and is an ideal food for elderly.
• Milk is a source of high quality protein with biological value of 84 and NPU (net protein utilization) of 1.
• Milk whey protein is a good source of sulphur containing amino-acids (cysteine and methionine) and exceptionally rich in BCAAs: leucine, isoleucine and valine
• Milk fat has maximum digestibility among different animal fats. Conjugated linoleic acid of milk fat supresses cancer, atheroselerosis and fat deposition in the body
• Lactose present in milk and its metabolite galactose prevents mental retardness. It enhances the iron absorption
• Milk and milk products are the exclusive source of vitamin B12 for vegetarians
• Milk contains more utilizable calcium and it is preferred source of calcium for children
• Milk is also source of bioactive peptides which exhibit health benefits beyond nutrition
All in all we can compare milk as Nutraceutical.
So for strong bones, glowing skin, long hairs and healthy body start taking two glass of milk daily in your diet.
Do you know?
One cup of whole milk, with 3.25 percent fat contains:
• 146 calories
• 8 grams of fat
• 13 grams of carbohydrates
• 8 grams of protein
If possible, try to add A2 milk in your diet for better health benefits and never avoid milk products like yoghurt, butter, and clarified butter. Maintain a balance diet for butter and clarified butter as they are high in saturated fats.
People suffering from the problem of lactose intolerance should avoid milk and milk products, and should replace it with other healthy source of protein.