When the crop is ripe, then it is ready to the harvesting.so here are some points you need to keep in mind while harvesting wheat:
1. The crops should be fully ripe at the time of harvesting.
2. There should be no unnecessary or unwanted moisture in the soil.
3. Harvesting can be done manually or with the help of a Combine.
4. Do not leave the straws in the fields for a long period as excessive dryness due to sunlight will result in very less animal fodder (paddy straw)
5. After harvesting do not burn the stubble or straws as it kills many crop friendly microorganisms and causes excessive smoke pollution thereby damaging the environment.