Climate change is disproportionately affecting agriculture in the world. The most vulnerable are the ones providing the bulk of the planet’s food. No other sector is more sensitive to climate change than Agriculture. No other sector contributes so directly to food security and livelihoods as agriculture does. Farmers should adopt Climate Smart Agriculture to cope up with climate change.
What is Climate Smart Agriculture?
It is not a new technique, it is an approach to identify production systems, who can best respond to the impacts of climate change and to adjust these systems to suit local environmental conditions now and in future. It is about increasing sustainably, production and incomes, by adapting and building resilience to the impacts of climate change and wherever possible reducing greenhouse gases by planting more trees.
We can make climate smart agriculture a reality by following factors:
1) Weather and climate forecasting for farmers.
2) People working in many different fields like agriculture, climate change, food security and land owners need to collaborate and work together for making policies and plans for agriculture.
3) Support and empower local institutions and farmers to help them in adopting climate smart agriculture.
4) Combine financial resources in a new way and optimum use of them in agriculture.
5) Increase disaster risk management capabilities and proper management of natural resources.
For more information about Agriculture and Livestock, download Apni Kheti app –