Fertigation means, giving irrigation and nutrients to plants simultaneously through micro irrigation system. Water-soluble or liquid nutrients are filtered under irrigation water as well as micro-irrigation systems. In this way the lacking nutrients and water need is fulfilled.
Main Advantages of Fertigation:
1. With this technique, nutrients, fungicides, insecticides can be directly transported to the roots.
2. It is a time saving and easy technique.
3. This technique reduces the unnecessary wastage of nutrients.
Problems Related To Fertigation Techniques
1. The parts made of metal used for the fertigation technique have the possibility of rusting.
2. Closure of small pores of ammeter in micro-irrigation techniques.
3. For this technique, only filtered water, soluble micro-elements and fertilizers are used.
For more information about Agriculture and Livestock, download Apni Kheti app –